Luckily I haven't had to hear this question much but recently I hear it a lot. I'm going to be 27 in September and married for 3 years in June so I guess people think its "time". It's such a hard question for me to hear because to the outside world (or at least most of it) it's just assumed that we're not trying yet. But for me when I hear it, its just a reminder of how long we've been trying. It sucks. I usually just answer "hopefully soon" and leave it at that. For my closer friends and family, I've said "we're trying but my body isn't cooperating" and leave it at that. I think most people get the picture and then that way they know not to keep asking me.
On top of finding out about the stupid cyst and going on bcp for a month, I've had 4 different people ask me when I'm going to start having kids this week. Out of any week in the past 13 months of us trying, it had to be the week when I'm on bcp and on a forced break. Grrrr!
Today I talked to one of my friends from high school. We were best friends for a long time and grew apart as the years and school and location separated us but we try to stay in touch. She asked a few months ago about when we were going to have kids and I gave my usual "we're trying but its taking longer than expected" schpeel (sp?) but she asked how things were going again today. I don't mind talking to her about it but I didn't go into great detail about everything we've been doing. She asked me if I ever thought about charting and if I had heard of the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". She said one of her friends was charting and taking her temperature as a birth control method and accidentally got pregnant (missed a high temp or something). It was just funny to me because I'm so far past that stage but at the same time it was comforting to hear other people doing that and to hear that it's something she thought about doing when she eventually started ttc. I told her she could have my copy of TCOYF when it was time and highly suggested charting so I'll have to see if it's something she ends up doing. I made sure to tell her that the 28 day cycle with day 14 ovulation was a load of crap and that if she started charting before actually ttc she'd have a much better idea of her cycle and the optimum timing. I'm glad I can be knowledgeable about it all but I really wish that I was one of those people that could just think about being pregnant and end up with a baby 9 months later. I wish I had the naiveté that some people get to enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment