So why do things once when you can do them twice?? That apparently is my body's motto. Last Thursday I was SO excited because I triggered that night for my ER on Saturday. We got up at 4:15am on Saturday and drove to Rockville. Got there shortly before 6am and got hooked up to the IV. My doctor briefly met with me before we went in and then the next thing I know I'm back in my "room" waking up from anesthesia. I was so anxious to hear how many eggs so when my doctor came to tell me I was ecstatic. That was until he said "Well, we got 0 eggs." I immediately started crying. He explained that the lupron trigger shot I took thursday night didn't work. He said that it's somewhat common so they just want me to re-trigger with an HCG trigger that night and come back in for the next ER on Monday. So we went to the pharmacy, got my vicodin and trigger and headed home. I was so devastated and of course had all the fears in the world that Monday's retrieval wouldn't work either and that the follicles would be too big. I was in a lot of pain, way more than the cyst aspiration and felt nauseous. On our drive home I had J pull over just in time for me to open the door and get sick. When we got home I just went to sleep and slept for most of the day.
Every fear in the world ran through my mind and it was such a BAD day. I went in Sunday morning for an ultrasound and the looks of pity from my nurse just made me cringe. I had a ton of follicles and a lot that we're pretty big. My fear was that they were still too big and just couldn't wait to get the next ER over with. The pain subsided some on Sunday but I still had to take it easy or would start to feel weak. We took it easy most of the day and cleaned the house. Then had some friends over to watch the Superbowl. That helped keep my mind off things but I was surrounded by cute kids all night! Just made me want this to work even more.
Monday morning we got up at 4am again and headed to Rockville. We eventually got into our "room" and hooked up to the IV. My vein in my left arm is a mess from being poked almost daily for 11 days straight but the anesthesiologist tried it anyway. After digging around a bit he decided to try somewhere else. OUCH! He decided to use a vein in my hand. That hurt continuously and is still really sore. If at all possible I'll never have an IV in my hand again. So I went back for the ER and tried to put my fears aside. I eventually came too and was in A LOT of pain. It hurt even worse than the first time but I was given an extra dose of phentenol which helped. The nurse told us they got 19 eggs!!!! I started crying but they were tears of joy and relief. I know that all those eggs won't be good but our odds of getting 1 good one out of that are pretty good:)
So here I sit waiting for the fertilization report. Despite having 1 hurdle jumped, this phone call is the next hurdle. I'm so stressed about hearing good news and keep having thoughts that none of the eggs fertilized or were good. I go back and forth between good and bad thoughts. I just need them to call. I got very little sleep last night and the sleep I did get was filled with dreams about the phone call. EEEEK!
If things look good, we'll do a 5 day transfer on Saturday. If things don't look as good I'll have to go back in on Thursday. I'm praying we get to do a 5 day transfer. So ready for all this to be done and for me to see those 2 pink lines already!!
Sorry you had to go through all of that this past weekend. But how freakin' awesome is 19 eggs? So excited for you!
ReplyDeleteGrow embies grow!